45 treated for carbon monoxide exposure after chemical leak in Kent, UK

0
160

(Sky News) – A suspected chemical leak has left 45 people suffering the effects of carbon monoxide exposure on Wednesday.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service were called to a suspected chemical leak in Sutton Road, Langley, near Maidstone and five fire engines, hazardous material officers and a specialist chemical unit were sent to the scene.South East Coast Ambulance Service, which also responded to the incident, said crews were treating 45 people for carbon monoxide exposure.

Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus, alongside hazardous material officers, are working to establish what the chemical is. A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesman confirmed: “It is believed those being treated have experienced exposure to carbon monoxide.”